Temp To Perm
Job Number: 15161
Pay Rate: 19.00
Schedule and Pay:
The Treating Plant Operator is responsible for:
- Hours: MON-FRI, 6AM-2:30PM (overtime available)
- Pay: $19.00/hr
- Status: Temp to Perm
- Location: Athens, NY
- Treating all wood products
- Mixing chemical treatments
- Operating treating equipment
- Treating inventory as always scheduled by the Plant Manager
- Maintaining environmental and safety compliance.
· Work with a safety mindset always.
· Monitor and mix chemical treating solutions within variance tolerances.
· Use appropriate formulas to calculate treating for every charge.
· Operate treating equipment: software, pumps, valves, etc.
· Monitor treating processes and resolve issues in a timely manner.
· Properly fill out paperwork. · Work with Plant Manager to maintain product standards i.e. retention and penetration.
· Perform appropriate cylinder washout procedures when changing treatments, while following all safety protocols.
· Maintain treating records.
· Ensure all environmental and safety procedures are followed and report all unsafe or non-compliant issues.
· Attend all training sessions and safety meetings as required.
· Maintain the cleanliness and safety of treating facility
· Other duties as directed
· Previous Forklift Experience a plus
· High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED) required.
· Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
· Ability to become knowledgeable on all chemical treatments.
· Ability to become knowledgeable on treating process.
· Ability to recognize and determine heartwood percentages.
· Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
· Ambition to strive for quality while maintaining appropriate production.
· Problem solving acumen.
· Ability to communicate effectively with others.
· Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
· Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, or job type.
· Ability to demonstrate behaviors conforming to corporate set of values and accepted standards.
· Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively.
· Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one’s ability using his or her own drive or initiative
Benefits when perm:
A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
A “Fair Chance” job (you or the employer follow Fair Chance hiring practices when performing background checks)
A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.