Schedule: Flexible, requires every other weekend. Shifts 6:45am-2:45pm
Position Type: Temporary or Temp to Perm
Under the supervision of the Environmental Service Supervisor, performs a variety of cleaning and associated duties as directed.
Performs day to day housekeeping functions and specific tasks in accordance with the daily work schedule. These tasks may include the following:
• Discards waste/trash into proper containers and relines trash receptacles with appropriate plastic liners.
• Cleans and disinfects resident rooms including, furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc. central bathing area, service area, recreational area etc., as scheduled.
• Sweeps and mops all corridors, dining rooms, resident rooms, nurses' stations, etc., all resident and public area floors as needed.
• Cleans walls by washing, dusting, wiping and spot cleaning etc.
• Strip and top scrub. Burnishes floors weekly.
• Cleans bathroom fixtures and mops floor.
• Perform terminal cleaning procedures as instructed when a resident is discharged, dies or is transferred to another room.
• Replaces burned out light bulbs in resident lamps and notify environmental service supervisor of other burned out lights and/or other needed repairs. Dust/clean ceiling fixtures, Moves furniture as needed, assist with setups as directed.
• Notifies Director of Environmental Services or EVS Supervisor of needed repairs.