Posted: 09/29/232022-03-302023-10-29Employment Type:Temp To PermIndustry:ManufacturingJob Number: 15235
Location: Kingston, NY
Job Type: Temp to Perm
Schedule: MON-FRI, 7AM-4:30PM
Responsible for building automated guided vehicle sub-assemblies using purchased components, bolt to frames and making electrical connections using mechanical and electrical drawings within the parameters of established production schedules, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Uses numerous types of handtools (specifically, but not limited to: wrenches, screwdrivers, hammers, drills, taps and dies, sockets, torque equipment and pressure gauges) in electro-mechanical assembly.
• Uses and interprets mechanical and electrical drawings to layout required equipment and materials prior to starting assembly.
• Uses and interprets mechanical and electrical drawings to identify “best method” type approach to completing tasks.
• Generally, makes mechanical connections using nuts, bolt washers and screws, but will use fitting equipment (drills, files, grinders) as required.
• Generally, makes electrical connections using pre-fabricated harnesses, but will use fitting equipment (cutters, wire strippers, crimping tools) as required.
• Self-audits/inspects assembled work prior to final inspection, using mechanical and electrical drawings and checklists as appropriate or as supplied.
• Discusses errors in diagrams or production orders with supervisor or engineers to clarify assembly problems.
• Maintains a clean and safe work area at all times.
• Identifies any safety concerns related to vehicle design and operation.
• Perform miscellaneous building maintenance as required.
• Other responsibilities and duties, as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
Product experience in all major forms of product. Language Skills Ability to read blueprints, schematics and bills of material.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
• Must be certified to operate powered industrial trucks, and successfully complete retraining every three years.
• Ability to rig and lift large, heavy components (frames and masts) as well as completed vehicles with forklift trucks and/or overhead cranes.
• 1-3 years experience medium/heavy mechanical assembly experience.
• Demonstrated ability to read and interpret mechanical drawings, bills of material and electrical schematics.
• Prior experience using drills, files, grinders, etc.
• Previous experience servicing automobiles, trucks, forklifts, or similar equipment.
• Able to travel up to 10%.
• Must be able to travel to Chalfont, PA for training and/or work assignments.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.