Temp To Perm
Job Number: 15413
Schedule: MON-FRI, 8:30AM-5:30PM
Job Type: Temp to Perm
Location: Poughkeepsie, NY
Position Overview: The Centralized Scheduler will provide scheduling, surgical and financial instructions to patients, while supporting the Physician(s) and enforcing the collection policy and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (including but not limited to the following):
- Provide excellent customer service
- Provide patient appointment and procedure scheduling both on telephone and also with direct patient interaction in office, and scheduling maintenance of surgeries for one or more Physicians.
- Reschedule patient appointments as needed using EMR and Scheduling System.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with patients, co-workers, Management Staff, and Physicians.
- Assist with staff scheduling and assist manager as needed.
- Provide surgical instructions, communicate patient financial responsibility
- Demonstrate professionalism in appearance and actions with patients, staff, Physicians and Administrators at all times.
- Maintains confidentiality of patient information
- The Scheduler assures that patients have all information they need so that they will arrive on time and prepared for their procedures and that the hospital has all of the information required to bill properly for its services
- Receives requests to schedule procedures from physician offices and patients and schedules the procedure according to the availability of the various departments
- Provides accurate information so that all departments may view and print the schedule for the appointments daily, and maintains open communication with hospital departments regarding schedule changes
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Education:
- High school graduate
- Excellent customer service skills
- Highly proficiency of computer skills
- EMR/ EHR knowledge preferred
- Ability to Multi-task in busy medical practice
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.