Temp To Perm
Job Number: 15378
Schedule: MON-FRI, 9:30AM-6PM (rotating SAT, 8AM-5PM)
Job Type: Long term Temporary (Perm for the right person)
CONTACT CENTER AGENT
Position Overview: The Contact Center Agent operates the Group’s Contact Center and provides routine information and directs calls to appropriate area.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (including but not limited to the following)
- Channels all incoming calls, routes calls to appropriate department and/or person. Announces calls to physicians and executive staff.
- Takes messages and processes them accordingly.
- Knows physicians and staff schedules for all offices.
- Has general information regarding insurance, schedule, procedures, and services provided by the Group.
- Keeps log of physician telephone numbers, cell phones and pager numbers.
- Responsible for taking consults called in by the hospital, physicians or service and relaying them to physicians requested.
- Handles emergencies according to specified procedure.
- Turns over calls to the answering service as per instructed.
- Keeps answering service advised to covering physicians, physician telephone pagers and telephone numbers.
- Confirms physicians’ daily appointments, checking information and updating when possible.
- Maintains information and confidentiality.
- Performs related work as required.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures including OSHA and HIPAA guidelines.
- Knowledge of business office procedures.
- Knowledge of Call Manager software and communication procedures.
- Skill in operating a communications system.
- Ability to read, understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Ability to speak clearly and concisely with a pleasant telephone voice.
- Ability to handle stressful situations.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians, staff and the public.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Work requires sitting for long periods of time; also stooping, bending and stretching for files and supplies. Occasionally lifting files or paper weighing up to 30 pounds.
- Requires the use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephones and copiers.
Typical Working Conditions:
- Work is performed in reception area.
- Involves frequent contact with patients, physicians, and staff.
- Work may be stressful at times, interaction with others is constant and interruptive
- Contact involves dealing with sick people.
- Superior customer service skills
- PC proficiency with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently
One to two years of Contact Center experience preferably in a medical group.
- High School diploma or equivalent/GED
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.