Temp To Perm
Industry: Residential Support
Job Number: 15013
Pay Rate: 18.00
SCHEDULE: FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE SHIFTS INCLUDE 8:00AM-4:00PM, 4:00PM-12:00AM, 12:00AM-8:00AM
POSITION TYPE: TEMP-PERM
DSP IN GROUP HOME SETTING
- Education and/or Experience: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Valid N.Y. State Drivers License required.
- Background working with intellectual disabled population preferred.
- Physical Demands: Depending on the needs of the individuals may require considerable physical effort assisting developmentally disabled individuals:
- Frequent lifting of up to 1Olbs with occasional lifting up to 1OOlbs.
- Frequent mobilization and repositioning individuals, some of whom may weigh over 100lbs.
- Frequent bending, kneeling, twisting, reaching, walking and standing.
- Frequent driving of facility vans.
- Special Requirements: All Direct Support Professionals will be required to successfully complete Approved Medication Administration Personnel certification (AMAP), and Strategies for Crisis Intervention and Prevention certification (SCIP) during their first three months of employment. Direct Support Professionals must pass an annual AMAP and SCIP certification test as a requirement for continued employment
- Working Conditions: Stressful environment, daily interactions with individuals who are totally dependent, physically and who may experience emotional difficulties.
- Assist, train, counsel and provide extensive hands-on intervention to individuals in carrying out their day-to-day life activities.
- Assist in carrying out the day-to-day provisions of actiV© treatment programming according to the individual treatment plan.
- Maintain a personalized, home like environment within the residence.
- Provide each individual the opportunity to be independent and productive according to their capabilities with opportunities for choice and physical and social integration into their community.
- Assist individuals to know, understand and exercise their personal rights as appropriate to each.
- Cooperate with the overall program, policies, procedures and goals of the agency.