Temp To Perm
Industry: Mechanic / Technician
Job Number: 15446
Position: Field Technician
Location: Kingston, NY with travel throughout Ulster, Dutchess & Orange counties to job sites
Salary: $25-30 / Hour BOE
Job Type: Temp to Perm
Schedule: Full Time, Mondays - Saturdays with potential for overtime
The Field Technician will have a primary focus of supporting the installation and ongoing service support for residential and commercial customers throughout the communities we serve. Committed to providing the highest quality service, the Field Technician role performs all required work in the construction, maintenance, operation, installation and servicing of fiber broadband and telephone services.
- Performs installations and changes of service, while adhering to all applicable guidelines, requirements, and safety protocols to provide an outstanding customer experience.
- Troubleshoots and problem solves customer inquiries and concerns to ensure products and services are working properly to drive a positive customer experience.
- Communicates, engages, and provides customer with education on products and services.
- Maintain excellent customer rapport by listening to and resolving concerns and answering questions.
- Interfaces with customers to further analyze installation and repair issues. Responds and provides follow-up.
- Maintains proper equipment and inventory to be prepared to perform required duties.
- Drives company vehicle in performance of duties in a safe and responsible manner with appropriate state licensing requirements while working and traveling in inclement weather.
- Training will be provided in areas of safety, company specific training, installation, and troubleshooting. Additional training will take place as needed.
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance.
- Normal work shift may include weekends; may include 10 hour days for 4 days a week and must be available to work overtime including weekends, evenings and holidays as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Valid state driver’s license and safe driving record.
- Ability to operate hand tools and handheld mobile devices.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- Thorough understanding of applicable federal, state, local, and company safety policies.
- Self-motivated with strong self-management skills and interpersonal communication skills to work closely and collaborate with customers, subcontractors, and cross functional departments.
- Ability to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) skills and must also have high sense of urgency, strong work ethic and is results-oriented i.e., Takes pride in their craft, displays ownership in their results, and is an enthusiastic learner.
- Ability to work independently and make sound technical decisions using information at hand.
- Always operates with a team player mentality.
- Ability to receive and learn from feedback provided related to performance.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree preferred, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience working in customer service, construction, electrical, technical, or related field.
- Uses installation tools and hand tools to perform jobs from high places (on poles and roofs), including climbing poles with proper equipment (safety belt, strap, climbers), ladders and bucket trucks.
- Manipulates connectors, fasteners, wire and hand tools.
- Frequent demonstration of manual dexterity, bending, carrying, climbing, squatting, twisting, crawling, kneeling, and lifting is required.
- Must be able to regularly lift to 75 pounds.
- Must be physically able to climb ladders and crawl into awkward spaces.
- Prolonged periods of standing/walking.
- Specific vision abilities required are close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.
- Works within manufacturer's rated weight capacity for all equipment, including but not limited to ladders and aerial lifts.
Compensation and Benefits
- Working in customer home and commercial business environments.
- Working in confined space, poorly ventilated areas, i.e., attics, basements and/or crawlspaces.
- Exposure to the general public, dust, dirt, noise, insects, rodents, pets & cleaning solutions.
- Work outdoors in all kinds of weather & at all times of day or night.
- Performs work near power lines and electricity at various heights above ground.
Competitive salary and benefits package including Health, Dental and Vision Insurance with generous employer contribution, Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability, 401K with 100% match of first 3% and 50% match of remaining 2%, 2 weeks Vacation, Employee Discount, Commuter Benefits Program and Adoption Assistance.
Valid Drivers License & clean driving record
Bilingual Spanish a plus