Temp To Perm
Job Number: 15462
Pay Rate: 23.35
Job Type: Temp to Perm, Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday 35 hours/week
Salary: $42,500 year + full benefits when perm
Location: Stone Ridge, NY
The Foundation Accounting Specialist reports directly to the Director of Foundation Accounting and is responsible for processing and maintaining confidential financial information per GAAP relating to the activities of the Foundation, donor database administration, corporate document maintenance, assisting with the Foundations annual events, and other duties as required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the daily financial transactions of the Foundation including accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash receipts, budget monitoring and the general ledger.
- Post data from subsidiary ledgers to the general ledger and preparation of adjusting journal entries as needed.
- Responsible for monthly bank reconciliations for all foundation bank accounts, accounts receivable accounts and prepare college and donor invoices as needed.
- Maintain donor database and gift records, prepare donor reports and donor acknowledgements.
- Maintain vendor records and files.
- Communicate effectively with donors, vendors and other areas of the college community.
- Assist with the preparation for annual independent audits of the Foundation.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate records to document final accounting for all books of account, including the general ledger, cash receipts, and cash disbursements. Such record keeping methods will comply with record retention requirements.
An Associate’s degree; accounting and analytical skills, proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, Google Docs/ Sheets., and a commitment to our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Mission and Objectives of providing quality programs and services for a culturally, socio-economically, ethnically, and academically diverse community; qualities to work effectively and with sensitivity in a multicultural environment; awareness of and commitment to the needs of non-traditional and/or re-entry students and individuals with diverse abilities and interests.
Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business or related field.; prior experience in a not-for-profit and fund accounting; and knowledge of data processing methods. Experience in Blackbaud systems including Raiser’s Edge, Financial Edge and Blackbaud Awards Management (BAM).
This position is contingent upon adequate funding. An initial starting salary of $42,500, dependent upon qualifications, per year with an excellent benefits package has been allocated for this position
We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision, life insurance, Retirement Plan, tuition waivers, including dependent waivers, and tuition assistance.
In addition, employees will receive each year: 24 vacation days, 12 sick days, 6 personal days, and 15 holidays including 4 floating holidays. with additional paid time off of the day prior to Thanksgiving, and dates between December 26 - January 1, known as the Holiday Curtailment.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.