Industry: Medical Office
Job Number: 15377
SCHEDULE: MONDAY- FRIDAY 8AM-5PM 8 HOUR DAY
JOB TYPE: TEMPORARY
LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE
Position Overview: The Licensed Practical Nurse or LPN provides nursing care to patients/significant others via direct and/or telephone contact, following established standards and practices. S/he coordinates with other members of the care team to ensure seamless care delivery, maximal coordination of efforts, and active patient participation in planning and care. Assists physician or other provider with clinical procedures and participates in patient teaching.
Typical Physical Demands:
Typical Working Conditions:
- Requires full range of body motion including moving and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
- Occasionally exerts up to 100 pounds of force, such as assisting patients in arising from the exam table, pushing patients in wheelchairs, or assisting patients into/out of wheelchairs.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- May require occasional lifting and carrying office supplies.
- May require frequent exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations, and other substances and conditions common to a medical office environment.
- Requires working in close proximity to other personnel.
- Requires use of computer keyboard throughout the work day.
- May require use of autoclave for instrument sterilization.
- Requires working under stressful conditions and/or working irregular hours.
Provides Direction To:
- Clerical assistants, medical assistants, and other non-licensed personnel.
- Graduate of an accredited school of practical nursing.
- New York State (NYS) license with current NYS registration, in good standing.
- Record of prior stable employment and/or favorable references.
- Minimum of one year experience as a licensed practical nurse or two years as a medical assistant in a pertinent practice area.
- Current CPR/BLS certification.
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.