Job Number: 15328
MONDAY - FRIDAY
The principal ensures the integrity of educational systems and instructional programs across the school environment. Oversees the student program planning process, ensuring quality services for all students. Provides supervision to classroom teachers, teacher aides and special area teachers. Maintains open communication with all program departments and engages in program development, planning and implementation as part of the interdisciplinary model.
- Training Curriculum Planning Process (curriculum mapping, tier planning, lesson planning, instruction, assessment and reporting).
- Evaluates student learning and progress
- Manage staff performance in the areas of instruction, behavior support plan implementation, classroom support systems and data collection.
- Perform annual teacher work performance evaluations.
- Identifies professional development opportunities, and mandated training requirements.
- Participates as member of Professional Development Committee.
- Coordinates student teacher assignments.
- Actively participates in education administration meetings. Provides colleagues with summaries of committee or staff specific activities.
- Participates in annual classroom planning meetings, bringing student specific information to the discussion.
- Participates in ongoing professional development sessions and ensures implementation of processes or strategies within the educational environment.
- Maintains communication with parents and student family members as needed.
- Responds to all parent or family member phone calls or messages in a timely manner.
- Communicates with parents/guardians to report when physical interventions have been utilized with a student and discusses circumstances.
- Ensures appropriate follow up to all staff and student injuries and complete reports accordingly.
- Monitors school hallways, common areas and classroom or program space from a safety perspective.
· Reports all necessary repair issues to Operations/Maintenance staff via electronic maintenance request system.
NYS Certification as SDA/SAS.
Maintain qualifications in the crisis intervention procedure of the agency.
Initiating or assisting in all components of the crisis intervention of the agency.
Assisting occupants in the orderly evacuation of the facility, by both primary and secondary paths in the event of fire or other emergency.
Other duties as needed
Share This Job:
Login to save this search and get notified of similar positions.