Temp To Perm
Job Number: 15543
Pay Rate: 23.00
Location: Kingston NY
Salary: $21.00-$24.00 per hour
Temp to perm
Hours Mon-Fri 8am-5pm
BASIC FUNCTION: The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- At least one to two years of related experience required
- Industry knowledge and understanding of organizations overall business strategy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Detail oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks at once.
- Ability to make independent decisions.
- Good organizational and follow through skills.
- Computer literate with above average proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Publisher, Excel and Power Point.
- Prior experience in financial software.
- Financial planning and strategy
- Quality management
- Corporate finance
- Budget development.
- Knowledge of Non Profit industry
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties for the organization.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Manages the purchasing and invoicing system.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Complete “other duties as assigned” related to outlined job duties to the job/position.
- Ability to perform sedentary work.
- Ability to lift 5-10 pounds consisting of lifting, carrying, pushing, or otherwise move objects accordingly.
- Perform repetitive motion and substantial movements including the writs, hands, and/or fingers.
- Ability to sit in from of a computer for viewing, analyzing data, or for extensive reading for 8+ hours.